What Is Anxiety?
There are over 100 anxiety symptoms and signs for anxiety, panic attacks, and other anxiety disorders including the following:
- “Racing” heart
- Feeling weak, faint, or dizzy
- Tingling or numbness in the hands and fingers
- Sense of terror, or impending doom or death
- Feeling sweaty or having chills
- Chest pains
- Breathing difficulties
- Feeling a loss of control or going crazy
- Neck tension
- Upset stomach, nervous stomach, and nausea
- Sleep problems and inability to rest
What Is Trauma?
Anxiety & Trauma Resources
- You Are What You Think by David Stoop
- Switch on Your Brain by Dr. Caroline Leaf
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE & 1-800-237-TALK
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE
- Mental Health America — screening tools for depression, anxiety, bipolar, and PTSD
- Psychology Today’s Screening Tests
- Healthy Place’s Online Psychological Screening Tests
For professional depression counseling, call Family Life Counseling at 308-236-2014.
124 W. 46th Street, Suite 204
Kearney, NE 68847
Mon - Friday 9:00 - 5:00
Tuesday & Thursday evenings by appointment only.